ulysses3_de: (Rodney Gun)
[personal profile] ulysses3_de
Sometimes I love my Professors for trying to make University life easier and more modern. Just take a look at our elearning platform where all the text we have to read are provided or the recordings of certain lectures so that you can hear them again and so on.

Sometimes I just can shake my head at how stupid a Professor can be in the way he handles the new technologies.

I have this seminar that I need to take for my oral exams in political sciences. Its about Public Administration in Germany. No problem with the topic or the Prof (alas he's a bit strange on the teaching side, quite the opposite of most of the Professors I had so far), but the way he uses our elearning platform is hilarious.

He made a really good PowerPoint presentation and we normaly print them out beforehand to write additional imformation on the printouts. That's more or less how it's handled with most of us students.
But said Professor has integrated the PPT as a Flash Player movie into the platform. So now we have no way of d/l it or printing it out directly. And the window is so small you can't even read some of the information provided. Now we have to make desktop pictures, resize them in paint and copy/past it into Word. *ARGH*

*headdesk* Call that economical

Date: 2008-04-17 05:44 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] angieobsessed.livejournal.com
God, I so know what you mean.

Date: 2008-04-17 06:03 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ulysses3-de.livejournal.com
*lol* I think everyone who attends University has had experiences like this in some way or another.

And I love it to see my computer writing every letter I type in slow motion.
Ten minutes for a comment *new record*

Date: 2008-04-17 06:07 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] angieobsessed.livejournal.com
yes, and it's so much fun when you have to download a 50mb .ppt and then it doesn't work because he locked it somehow.

oh, yeah. that is fun too.

Date: 2008-04-17 06:10 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ulysses3-de.livejournal.com
Even better was the comment by said Professor when we asked him if it would be possible for him to provide us with a pdf or the ppt itself: "Why? You don't need that! I don't want you to have it." *argh*

Date: 2008-04-17 06:58 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] angies-fic.livejournal.com
noch besser ist es wenn der prof nicht mal fähig ist sich einzuloggen und man es selbst machen muss. und dann is er nicht mal fähig die ppt selbst zu öffnen.

jaja, professoren sind halt auch nur fachtrottel

Date: 2008-04-17 08:05 pm (UTC)

Profile

ulysses3_de: (Default)
ulysses3_de

May 2009

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10 11121314 1516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 11th, 2026 11:50 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios